(for Civil Marriages Only)
Marriage Registration can be done at:-
(1) Malaysian High Commission, Canberra
(2) Malaysian Consulate-General, Melbourne
(3) Malaysian Consulate-General, Perth
Both applicants need to be present at the office.
Appointment days: Monday to Thursday
Appointment Time: 9:00am to 10:00am
Collection of Document: The same day after 3:00pm
Documents required (2 copies and arrange according to the order as listed below)
- Form JPN KC.06 (download section)
- Marriage certificate issued by Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, Australia
- Couples' birth certificate
- Couples' Malaysian identity card (both sides)
- Couples'passport including visa page
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs of each person (Photo can be taken at High Commission's office in Canberra.)
Note: In the case where the spouse is non-Malaysian, kindly provide birth certificate and passport.
Marriage over 6 months - Please call the officer in charge for the fee before lodging the application.
The current charge for registration of Marriage is
AUD 10.00 (Marriage that took place less than 6 months) in Cash, Money Order or Bank Cheque made payable to the Malaysian High Commission (personal/business cheques or credit cards are NOT acceptable)